We all love a chocolate fix after dinner lets be honest, no matter how amazing the dinner, it never had us 100% satisfied. Why not make your own to give your Christmas Party a personal touch?
These mints are super simple to make, you don’t need a mould or hours and hours for setting and you only need 5 ingredients plus a set of snazzy cookie cutters.
- 1 egg white
- 1 drop lemon juice
- 350g icing sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 100g dark chocolate
- Place the egg white in a bowl and whisk until it is frothy (3-4 mins).
- Add in the drop of lemon juice and stir well.
- Split the icing sugar roughly into 3 (150g, 100g, 100g) and add in each in turn, ensuring the mix is well combined between each addition.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Roll out the mix onto a flat surface (dusting the surface with icing sugar to prevent the ‘dough’ sticking) roughly 7mm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the sheet into smaller shapes. Continue until there is no mint dough left.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate for 2 hours until hard.
- Melt the chocolate and dip in the mints.
- Place back in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden.