It is once again nearing exam season and I’m always on the look out for exciting things to make for dinner/dessert to get me through the piles of revision I’m attempting to sift through. This recipe was inspired by my apple corer. For some reason it was in the cupboard rather than in the cutlery draw and I picked it up whilst making dinner….and that’s when this funky dessert idea was born.
Do you love apples? And pancakes? This could just be what you’re looking for to brighten up your evening. This super-simple pancake recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes and is absolutely delicious!
- 1 apple, cored and sliced horizontally
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Toppings (I used Manuka Honey)
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add in the protein powder, coconut flour and chia seeds. Add the milk until you get a thick consistency.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan and add the coconut oil.
- Dip the apple slices in the pancake mix and place in the flying pan to cook for around 90 seconds on each side, depending on what heat you’ve got the pan on.
- Stack the pancakes up and top with something runny!