Summer is coming and I’m so so soooo excited. Not only do I have a heap of adventures planned, but I start full time work (lol don’t laugh but I’m very excited as I’ve found something I’m passionate about) and I find the fresh summer food is always so much nicer than the winter.
This DELICIOUS Buddha bowl filled with vitamins and zingy flavours is such a good option if you’re in need a quick meal, are cooking for a vegan or coeliac, or need some veg!
This recipe serves 2 and takes 20-25 mins to make.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- drizzle of coconut oil (I use Lucy Bee)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
What you need to do:
- Start to boil the quinoa in a pan. Whilst this is cooking peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks and put into another pan alongside the chopped up broccoli.
- Dice the onion and red pepper and add these to a frying pan. Fry until lightly browned.
- Once it is all cooked, pour carefully into a bowl and shake (I found it was easier to shake than stir as the sweet potato can fall apart if you’re not careful!).
- Add in the lemon juice, chilli flakes, coconut oil and herbs and serve!
Check out my latest YouTube Collab with Aldi and their gluten free snack range!