The chance to team up with Indigo Herbs couldn’t have come at a better time. My mind has been exploding with recipe ideas recently and this is the first creation!
These bites are perfect on-the-go, as a dessert, or just as an afternoon treat. The recipe is totally gluten free and vegan making it the perfect dish to serve for Coeliacs. Taking less than half an hour of prep time, these can be made in a flash and satisfy everyone.
What you’ll need:
For the oat layer:
- 180g Gluten Free Oats
- 50g Indigo Herbs Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Indigo Herbs Coconut Oil
- 150g Indigo Herbs Agave Nectar
- 90g Indigo Herbs Almond Butter
- Pinch of salt
- 55g Cacoa Powder
- 225g Indigo Herbs Dates
- 100g Indigo Herbs Coconut Oil
- 20g Indigo Herbs Agave Nectar
- 2 tbsp hot water
What you need to do:
- For the oat layer, combine the oats and coconut flour together in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil with the agave nectar in a pan and add in the oats, coconut flour, salt and almond butter. Combine and place in a tin.
- Leave in the freezer for 30 minutes or so.
- Whilst the oat base is setting, create the chocolate layer. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave before adding all the ingredients to a hard blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add some more water depending on the consistency – you want it to be smooth but not run.
- Add this chocolate layer to the oat base and place it back in the freezer for an hour.
- Cut up into squares and enjoy on the go or as a dessert!
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
NOTE: If you cannot tolerate even gluten free oats, make the base with gluten free rice crispies or cornflakes!